Learn how you can call the shots. Get tools and information you can trust to help you manage your health care.
Racing to New Coverage Opportunities: Tools to Help Patient Advocacy Organizations Prepare for Health Exchange Enrollment. Click here.
- Comparative effectiveness research (CER) has the potential to improve health outcomes by helping people make better-informed decisions. The National Health Council and Avalere Health have prepared a white paper that outlines the research and discussion to create a framework to guide the development of CER, evaluate its results, and assist in communicating the findings to the right audiences. Follow the discussion on Twitter at #useCER.
- Rep. Leonard Lance (NJ-7) introduces the MODDERN Cures Act, which aims to advance the development of new treatments for chronic and rare diseases and the creation of companion diagnostics. The National Health Council (NHC) and patient advocacy community strongly support passage of this legislation. NHC Chief Executive Officer Myrl Weinberg spoke at a news conference about the bill.
- A simple counting approach to decide on medications covered by state exchanges will limit patient access to medications. Read the NHC’s letter to Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius.
- Chief Executive Officer Myrl Weinberg explains how a delay in limiting out-of-pocket costs will harm people with complex chronic conditions and disabilities.
- As part of the national Rally for Medical Research, National Health Council CEO Myrl Weinberg issued a video statement calling on Congress to appropriately fund federal research programs.
The National Health Council (NHC) provides a united voice for the millions of people with chronic diseases and disabilities and their family caregivers. The NHC is committed to advocating for health care that will
Curb costs responsibly
Abolish exclusions for pre-existing conditions
Eliminate lifetime caps on benefits
Ensure access to long-term and end-of-life care
We believe that you deserve a health care system committed to Putting Patients First®.
- Connect with People with Chronic Conditions - Comment on “A Different Normal: Living with a Chronic Condition”, a blog on WebMD, created with the help of the National Health Council. Visit the site by clicking here.
- Join the NHC on Facebook and Twitter, and add your voice to the United Voice blog. Show your support for health care that Puts Patients First.
- Share your personal health care story. You can help put a human face on the dry facts and figures in the health care debate. By sharing your personal story, you can let the policy makers know about the daily struggle to cope with a long-term disease or disability. Click here to find out how.
You can make a difference by helping the NHC provide a united voice for people with chronic diseases and disabilities and their family caregivers in the fight to ensure patients have access to health care that meets their individual needs and health care goals.
Together, we share a hope for a better tomorrow. Will you help?