The Director, Research and Programs, assists in driving forward our research and programmatic efforts. This individual will be involved in all aspects of the NHC’s Value, Real-World Evidence, and Patient Engagement efforts, including preparing grant and sponsorship applications for research and program funding; planning for and executing NHC research projects and programs; preparing reports, whitepapers, infographics, etc. for dissemination purposes.; and speaking and presenting at internal and external meetings.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in crafting an annual research and programmatic agenda that supports the NHC mission and policy agenda, and strategic plan.
- Draft and assist in preparing grant and other funding and sponsorship applications to support research and programmatic efforts.
- Develop and implement plans to execute on NHC research and programmatic activities, including research, training, conferences, dialogues, roundtables, and other related activities.
- Prepare written reports, white papers, proceedings, posters, etc. to disseminate NHC research and programmatic efforts/findings.
- Present on behalf of the NHC in a variety of public and professional settings.
- Undertake special projects, as assigned by the Senior Director, Research and Programs and the Executive Vice President of Strategic Initiatives.
- Relates to:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Executive Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
- Vice President, Government Affairs
- Assistant Director, Meetings and Conferences
- Policy and Office Associates
- Vice President, Membership, Development, and Operations
- Assistant Vice President, Marketing & Communications
- Strong commitment to patient centricity and patient engagement in research.
- MS degree required, PhD degree desired, and at least four years of research experience in: patient engagement, patient-centered outcomes, patient-reported outcomes, public health, health services, epidemiologic, health economics, and/or other related health disciplines.
- Experience preparing responses to requests for proposals/applications for research and programmatic funding from government, philanthropic, and private-industry organizations.
- Strong ability to communicate in writing, public presentations/speaking, and other media.
- Superior organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple programs and projects.
- Ability to and experience leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a team player.
- Excellent telephone manner and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service orientation.
- Computer proficiency (e.g., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with patient-focused medical-product development
- Familiarity with patient-centered value assessment
- Familiarity with real-world data/evidence
- Not-for-profit or voluntary health agency experience
Applicants should submit the following items to [email protected]
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s research experience and interests in patient-focused medical-product development, patient-centered value assessment, real-world data/evidence, and the National Health Council
- List of three references, with name, title, organization, email address and telephone number
- Writing sample
- Desired salary range
View the PDF of the position, here.