The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
Under the supervision of Executive Director and in coordination with the Director, Programs and Senior Director, Development, the Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for coordinating key components to support the successful execution of fundraising events and program activities – with a special focus on logistics, volunteer recruitment, and office support. Key to this role are effective communication skills and a positive attitude, both brought to bear on the achievement NKF’s mission goals both locally and nationally.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Assists with social media and e-blast distribution.
- Assists with components of fundraising which include but not limited to; Bay Area Kidney Walks, Author’s Luncheon and other activities as directed including event logistics i.e. booking venues, sourcing cost-effective venues/vendors, creating and adhering to timelines, and more.
- Assists with logistics and implementation of programs including community-based screenings and education programs such as KEEP Healthy, Medical Symposium, Journal Clubs, Big Ask, Big Give training workshops, health fair tabling and Your Kidneys and You/kidney wellness presentations.
- Leads recruitment of volunteers for both fundraising and programmatic activities including but not limited to making regular volunteer calls, sending newsletters and organizing volunteer appreciation activities.
- Responsible for NKF database input, data retrieval, and report generation (e.g. Salesforce, Auction Tracker, Convio).
- Process/deposit payments (donations, sponsorships, exhibit fees, registrations): checks and credit card.
- Processes check requests for invoices/reimbursements, etc., through regional administrator.
- Orders office supplies, and coordinates office related vendors & services (copier, Neopost, phone service, server/wireless internet, building management) and other office tasks as assigned.
- Works closely with the Creative Services department to create and update local marketing materials.
- Will attend and support development events throughout the year including but not limited to; Bay Area Kidney Walks (3), Kidney Walk Executive Breakfasts (3), Kidney Walk Kickoff Parties (3), Kidney Ball, Authors VIP Dinner & Authors Luncheon, Bay 2 Breakers.
- Will attend and support calendared programs as needed, including but not limited to; Kidney Wellness Fair & Patient Symposium in Portland, OR, annual programs in Seattle, WA, and any screenings or programs in Northern California.
- Updates local website to reflect all current activities, events and information.
- Assists with recruitment and training of volunteers and interns. Will assist with their roles, tasks and schedules.
- Performs additional duties and special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Previous internship or work experience in nonprofit, fundraising or events.
- Experience generating social media content.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and function independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Must be flexible for overnight travel as needed.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations:
Contact: [email protected]