Created by and for patient organizations 100 years ago, the National Health Council (NHC) brings diverse organizations together to forge consensus and drive patient-centered health policy. We promote increased access to affordable, high-value, sustainable health care. Made up of more than 140 national health-related organizations and businesses, the NHC’s core membership includes the nation’s leading patient organizations. Other members include health-related associations and nonprofit organizations including the provider, research, and family caregiver communities; and businesses representing biopharmaceutical, device, diagnostic, generic drug, and payer organizations.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Coordinator, Communications provides writing and editing support for all National Health Council communications and marketing activities.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Write and edit content for all NHC communications vehicles including the website, blog, social media, op-eds, letters to the editor, membership and development collateral, newsletters, and other communications and marketing materials.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator, Digital Media on digital content development.
- Manage and execute multiple electronic newsletters including layout, design, writing, and editing.
- Assist AVP, Marketing & Communications with execution of NHC Brand Ambassador program.
- Assist AVP, Marketing & Communications in the development of materials for marketing and communications meetings.
- Assist AVP, Marketing & Communications in execution of the NHC’s proactive media relations program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a keen attention to detail
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and WordPress; experience with Microsoft CRM and Click Dimensions preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work proactively and independently when necessary
- Ability to troubleshoot and work well under pressure
- Work experience in an office environment is a plus, especially a nonprofit organization
- At least two years of experience in writing and editing, preferably translating technical information for a lay audience
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
Salary Range: Starting salary ranges between $55,000 – $60,000 commensurate with experience.
LOCATION: This position is located in Washington, DC. The National Health Council supports a hybrid workplace. Employees must be able and willing to work on site at least three days per week.
Applicants should submit the following items to [email protected]
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s background in communications
- At least three writing samples or portfolio link
- List of three references, with name, title, organization, email address and telephone number