Created by and for patient organizations 100 years ago, the National Health Council (NHC) brings diverse organizations together to forge consensus and drive patient-centered health policy. We promote increased access to affordable, high-value, sustainable health care. Made up of more than 145 national health-related organizations and businesses, the NHC’s core membership includes the nation’s leading patient organizations. Other members include health-related associations and nonprofit organizations including the provider, research, and family caregiver communities; and businesses representing biopharmaceutical, device, diagnostic, generic drug, and payer organizations.
The Coordinator, Research, Education and Programs, will assist the NHC Research and Programs team in driving the NHC’s research agenda.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Conduct research and analysis related to ongoing NHC programs
- Assist with preparing written reports, blogs, white papers, proceedings, posters, etc. to disseminate NHC research and programmatic efforts
- Provide programmatic support and provide meetings and logistical support (e.g., scheduling meetings, organizing advisory boards, taking and/or distributing meeting minutes, and compiling materials for the Research and Programs portfolio)
- Provide general administrative support (e.g., copying, filing, managing databases, performing relevant record keeping, making travel arrangements, processing reimbursement, and assisting with Research and Programs administrative tasks)
- Drafting/editing and sending routine correspondence and memoranda, and assisting with drafting letters and other materials such as fact sheets, reports, and slide presentations
- Identify and track research and programmatic funding from government, philanthropic, and private industry organizations
- Attend and prepare summaries on relevant hearings, briefings, coalition meetings, and conferences
- Support the VP of Research, Education and Programs and the Senior Manager of Research and Programs
- Provide support in managing multiple calendars for the Research and Programs Team
- Serve as project lead on an assortment of NHC research and program initiatives
- Attend NHC internal and external meetings such as coalition meetings, Board committee meetings, and conferences and prepare summaries
- Understand, demonstrate, and support the NHC’s mission and values
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least two years of experience, preferably with a nonprofit or health organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with Microsoft SharePoint, CVENT, and Zoom preferred
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work proactively and independently when necessary
- Ability to troubleshoot and work well under pressure
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (public health, health policy, health care administration, or related field)
Applicants should submit the following items to [email protected] with the subject “Coordinator, Research and Programs”:
- Cover Letter describing the applicant’s experience and interests in the NHC’s mission and priorities
- List of three references with name, title, organization, email address and telephone number
- The NHC offers a competitive benefits package, including health, vision, and dental benefits with premiums fully paid by the organization.
The mission of the National Health Council is to provide a united voice for people with chronic diseases and disabilities.
Integrity – Patient Focused – Forward Thinking Collaboration – Transparency – Diversity & Inclusion