The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
The Development Manager is accountable for planning and implementing fundraising strategies and tactics to achieve the income necessary to attain the Region and Division goals. The Development Manager takes the lead in developing, organizing and implementing special events, recruiting volunteers and identifying prospect for individual and major gift solicitations. The Development Manager will also be responsible for identifying and recruiting volunteers.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Manages and executes special events including the St. Louis Kidney Walk, the Gift of Life Gala and NKF’s Konica Minolta Golf Classic.
- Oversee all management strategies of the Kidney Walk program.
- Develops committees and raises sponsorship dollars to support all major events.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits, and then stewards sponsors, supporters and event participants.
- Assists with sponsor solicitation for program activities.
- Ensures revenue goals for defined projects are met.
- Works closely with the Executive Director in developing relationships for individual giving and board recruitment.
- Maintains relationships with medical and corporate donors and partners.
- Manages grant solicitation from corporations and foundations in conjunction with the Executive Director and Regional Vice President.
- Identifies committee members and leads the effort to build stronger committees.
- Identifies and builds volunteer and donor support networks.
- Identifies new sources of revenue and cause related marketing opportunities.
- Participates in board and staff meetings as needed.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum three years related experience in fundraising, event management, and volunteer management; preferably with a non-profit health agency.
- Experience working with a national walkathon preferred.
- Experienced in sponsorship solicitation, major and annual giving.
- Experience working with board members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional level of customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in word applications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations:
Contact: [email protected]