The National Minority Quality Forum (the Forum) is dedicated to supporting patient advocacy organizations, particularly those who advocate for underserved communities. The Forum is launching My Patient Advocacy Learning Communities (MyPALC), a new collaborative to provide big data, predictive analytics to patient advocacy organizations.
Big data and machine learning are powering health care as medicine is increasingly digitized. Advocacy organizations are challenged by the costs and expertise required to be effective in the constantly evolving digital age. They rarely have the resources to fund, design, and manage data platforms that can be used to improve health care and inform the public policies that affect care.
MyPALC is a digital platform designed to provide member, patient advocacy organizations with the power of big data, predictive analytics in a user-friendly environment.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
The Director of Patient Advocacy will be responsible for the launch of the MyPALC by introducing it to strategic stakeholders, including patient advocacy groups, physician advocacy groups, academic organizations, industry partners, and other relevant stakeholders. The Director will lead cross-functional internal teams to work with patient advocacy groups and industry partners to design programs (policy, quality improvement, clinical research, patient activation, and medical education) that take advantage of big data and predictive analytics that will be available through MyPALC. The Director of Patient Advocacy will be the Forum’s point of contact for all MyPALC members. The Director will also be responsible for building a high performing team. Other duties include but not limited to:
- Design, manage, and execute strategic plans for MyPALC.
- Cultivate and sustain successful and substantive relationships with patient groups, professional organizations, industry partners, and all other stakeholders based on values of trust, respect, transparency, and partnership.
- Serve as the primary relationship liaison for all assigned advocacy contacts, which necessitates organizing and tracking touchpoints across the Forum.
- Generate patient advocacy landscapes to give priority to all groups when onboarding new assets or programs.
- Liaise externally and with internal cross-functional teams to represent patient/caregiver voice in meetings for any initiatives that may directly affect patient advocacy organizations who are members of MyPALC.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred – PhD, PharmD, RN, MPH, MSW. Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/medical/healthcare industry.
- 3+ years prior patient advocacy experience is preferred.
- Effective and creative project management skills essential.
- Sensitivity to diverse groups of individuals both internal and external with the ability to manage many different opinions and perspectives.
- Demonstrated reputation internally and externally as a well-respected, dynamic team player.
- Empathic and passionate individual with the ability to build meaningful connections with stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision/guidance.
- Strong focus on patients, caregivers, and families with a high level of customer service and administrative skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Well-organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage shifting responsibilities in a dynamic, cross-functional teamwork environment.
- Excellent collaboration skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage complexity.
- Successful record of creating and managing complex project plans, timelines, budgets and critical paths.
- Ability to adapt to modification and changes to project plans, demonstrating flexibility to implement new strategies and tactics to accommodate these changes.
- Ability to travel domestically 15-20% on a regular basis.
Competitive salary and benefits package
Please send resume to: Keiko Purnell at [email protected]