The Director of Patient Centered Strategies is charged with developing strategies and executing tactics for recruiting, training and motivating a robust and diverse group of patients to engage across all organizational focus areas, both internally and externally. Responsible for strategic oversight of all patient placement service – both internal and external – including training and support for local markets. This position is also responsible for leading patient advisory councils (made up of key volunteers) and focus groups with targeted consumer segments (people with OA, RA, newly diagnosed, parents of kids with JA, etc.) to gather patient input. Position is responsible for collecting, assimilating, and disseminating patient input from all sources across the organization – sharing back with participants – and informing key organizational stakeholders.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Patient recruitment, education, retention & placement: Responsible for identifying and tracking patient engagement requests, whether internal or external. This requires strategically recruiting, training and motivating a robust group of patients to engage across all organizational focus areas, both internally and externally. Ability to segment and target efforts based on 1) disease type, severity, duration, etc.; 2) age, gender, ethnicity, geographic location; 3) interest areas: advocacy, research, patient education, etc.; & 4) training, prior experience, key skills. Responsible for strategic oversight of all patient placement service – both internal and external. This includes training and support for local markets to embrace patient engagement as well as meet local patient engagement demands.
- Patient leadership council & focus groups: Lead patient advisory panels and conduct focus groups with targeted consumer segments (people with OA, RA, newly diagnosed, parents of kids with JA, etc.) to engage patients in the Foundation’s work.
- Data integration and dissemination: Integration and alignment of AF data sources in order to provide a feedback loop with participants and stakeholders, share with key organizational stakeholders to inform strategic agenda, and share externally to highlight AF patient insights leadership. In addition, responsible for development of a patient story bank (collection of patient stories to highlight the journey of arthritis patients) and management of all patient media and storytelling requests.
- Patient engagement budget management: Responsible for projecting and managing expenses related to patient centered strategies & initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to, patient training and story bank, leadership council and related volunteer expenses, feedback loop promotion, etc.
- Special patient engagement projects: Direct the development and implementation of special projects as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to, new opportunities developed through or with other departments or with outside agencies or business concerns. Additionally, participation in cross-functional teams is expected. For example, this role will contribute through strategic leadership among internal stakeholders like the Volunteer Engagement Team, DEI initiatives, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in market research, marketing, psychology, sociology, or related fields.
- 4-6 years of experience analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data, or master’s degree and 2-4 years of experience.
- Emotional intelligence and strong empathy skills required.
- Experience working at a patient advocacy organization strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with patient engagement in diversity, equity, and inclusion work streams is a plus.
- Deep interest in understanding the patient’s perspective.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Experience moderating focus groups; knowledge of respondent recruitment practices is a plus.
- Ability to quickly identify patterns and meaningful insights within large sets of data.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and requests at once.
- Experience turning insights into opportunities and solutions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understands business principles and terminology.
- Works collaboratively and proactively within a team environment, as well as independently.
- Willingness to work at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Strong knowledge in computer skills including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with writing professional social media posts, blogs, etc. is a plus.
This position requires travel.
Click here to apply.