The National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF) is a dynamic and growing non-profit organization dedicated to research, advocacy, and patient and medical education to support those impacted by psoriatic disease. Headquartered in Portland, OR, NPF is seeking a dynamic, self-starter and experienced fundraiser as our Director of Principal Giving.
NPF is an organization with incredible, untapped fundraising potential and seeks an experienced fundraiser to connect passionate donor prospects with the Foundation’s fundraising priorities and mission. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is intrinsically motivated to proactively drive donor strategies toward a philanthropic end. Working directly for the Chief Revenue Officer, this fundraiser will enjoy a flexible remote work environment that allows him/her to be focused on working an emergent portfolio of prospects. The Director of Principle Giving will work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer and CEO to create individual engagement and solicitation strategies to increase the organization’s philanthropic and in-kind support from individuals and family foundations.
The Director is expected to spend the majority of time outside of the office, making personal fundraising calls and meetings. Normally, this equates to significant travel expectations, but in light of the current restrictions on travel, NPF expects this role to find creative solutions so that 75% of the time is engaging actively with donors, if remotely or via technology for the time being.
This position can be based remotely, candidate is to reside near a major metropolitan airport to facilitate national travel.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Work to aggressively grow major gifts at the NPF by tapping into qualified prospects who haven’t given at a major gift level.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major outright and planned gift prospects in support of the NPF by matching and advancing the Foundation’s fundraising priorities with prospective donors’ interests. Actively manage a portfolio of 100-125 high capacity prospects through multiple touch points who currently have varying levels of engagement. Creative and diligent qualification and cultivation of these prospects is likely to yield significant philanthropic results.
- Meet explicit performance objectives including the completion of between 125-150 personal face-to-face meetings annually with assigned suspects and prospects and a like number of other actions each month.
- Maintain in a timely fashion through Raiser’s Edge, with the assistance of development staff, accurate records of anticipated actions, completed actions, results of constituent contacts, and recommendations or plans for follow-up work.
- Supervise other fund-raising staff as needed.
- Develop and manage the Principal Giving annual budget.
- Shape and edit donor correspondences such as letters, emails, funding proposals, and reports.
- Become on expert on NPF’s vast programmatic needs for the purpose of effective donor stewardship, using available resources and opportunities.
- Develop, organize and implement major donor cultivation events and activities.
- Minimum of five+ years of individual major gift fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, non-profit management, business administration or a related field.
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual
- Proven experience securing significant gifts and increasing giving from current and new donors
- Ability to travel frequently with some overnights and weekend work
- Experience working with physicians, researchers and high capacity individuals
- Experience supporting big ticket event fundraising
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in using computers and database programs. Prefer experience with Raiser’s Edge and fundraising software.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion
To apply, please submit a cover letter with salary requirement and your resume to: Human Resources, National Psoriasis Foundation, Link: https://www.psoriasis.org/careers/, E-mail: [email protected], National Psoriasis Foundation, 6600 SW 92nd Ave, Suite 300, Portland, OR 97223