The Innovation and Value Initiative Foundation, Inc. (IVI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission focused on advancing the science, practice, and use of patient-centered health technology assessment (HTA) to support decisions that make healthcare more meaningful and equitable. IVI works toward that mission through engagement with patients and stakeholders, testing new methods in healthcare outcomes research and economic evaluation, and serving as a learning laboratory for HTA. IVI has developed a research portfolio that includes economic model development, real-world data studies, and patient preference and patient reported outcomes studies, as well as evidence-based strategies to help decision-makers apply these results. The U.S. healthcare system is diverse, complex, and ripe for innovation in the value space, and IVI is uniquely positioned to challenge outdated thinking and methodologies.
IVI is currently seeking a Director of Research to work with the Chief Science Officer and others across the organization to ensure the timely successful conduct of health economics outcomes research (HEOR) and real-world evidence studies, while also interacting with a diverse network of researchers, patient organizations, and other stakeholders in academic, think tank, and clinical organizations to accelerate the execution of IVI research projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone eager to utilize a technical understanding of HEOR to advance new methods in HTA. The position is for an experienced researcher who can provide scientific expertise to demonstrate how we can improve HEOR/HTA methods and can lead and manage research projects with a wide range of partners.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Chief Science Officer (CSO), Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and Chief Operating Officer (COO) to develop research strategy, and create and update project plans, protocols, and budgets
- Lead and manage multiple research projects with both internal and external partners, which may include data review, literature reviews, and the development of drafts and final reports, abstracts, poster presentations, and manuscripts
- Employ technical expertise to work with the CSO and external research partners to design and perform HEOR projects and studies focusing on HTA, economic models, patient preferences, and patient-reported outcomes
- Develop requests for proposals that describe the functional requirements for development and maintenance of health economics models and other projects, including tools such as software interfaces to support use of models by end-users
- Work with partners and external vendors to design and manage research projects and ensure their successful completion
- Responsible for coordinating and participating in meetings with IVI member organizations, external partners, advisors, and stakeholders as needed.
- Collaborates with Chief Science Officer and other team members to develop funding proposals, public policy comments, and other strategic planning activities.
- A master’s degree (e.g., MSc, MPH) with a minimum of 8 years of experience in the field OR a doctorate degree (e.g., PhD) with a minimum of 6 years of experience in the field
- Proficiency in methodological approaches and tools in HEOR/HTA (e.g., retrospective database analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, stakeholder engagement, patient reported outcomes studies, and patient preference studies)
- Experience building economic models (preferably using R programming code) and writing scientific publications
- Knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Strong team player and able to work independently
- Strong process and project management skills
For Questions or to Apply
To learn more, please visit our website at www.thevalueinitiative.org. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to [email protected]. Please include the position to which are applying in the subject line.
IVI is an equal opportunity employer.