The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
The Professional Education Coordinator provides support to the Professional Education Director regarding all aspects of National Kidney Foundation’s Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Education (CE) programs. Works closely with professional volunteers and local NKF staff to accredit and execute CME/CE activities nation-wide.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Professional Education Director and Vice President of Scientific Activities to ensure that NKF’s CME/CE Program is fully compliant with all regulatory standards and criteria.
- Works with the Professional Education Director and Director of Professional Membership to coordinate CE programs developed by NKF’s Professional Councils, including the local Council of Nephrology Social Workers (CNSW) and Council on Renal Nutrition (CRN) chapters.
- Works closely with National and Field CME/CE staff and planning committees to implement new requirements and processes.
- Collects and maintains appropriate paperwork for all educational programs.
- Manages the development of both online programs and live activity evaluations through NKF’s learning software system.
- Collaborates in developing creative marketing ideas to promote NKF’s educational activities and increase learner participation.
- Works with internal departments and external vendors to establish processes and timelines to maximize collaboration and program delivery.
- Provides customer service support to CME/CE activity attendees.
- Contributes ideas for maintaining and improving all aspects of the CME/CE accreditation maintenance process, including setting up efficient databases/processes to evaluating activity outcomes.
- Produces internal reports as needed.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum two (2) years previous administrative experience.
- Prior project management experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with medical professionals.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to perform under deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, to set priorities and to multitask.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, especially executive level volunteers.
- Experience with web-based activities and/or exemplary experience with using various technology platforms preferred.
- Punctuality, attention to detail, and demonstrated awareness of team dynamics are important.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Flexible for overnight business travel (1-2 times per year).
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations:
Contact: [email protected]