About the National Eczema Association:
Founded in 1988, the National Eczema Association (NEA) is dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for individuals with eczema through research, support and education. NEA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Directors and guided by a Scientific Advisory Committee comprised of top U.S. medical professionals in the field.
Headquartered in Novato, CA, the organization conducts an array of programs to achieve its mission and is poised to usher in a new era of care and advocacy for the eczema community. We are at a critical juncture both in terms of eczema research and treatment, and for NEA as an organization. Currently, NEA is preparing to launch a new brand identity and website as well as multiple programs and initiatives, all while developing a new strategic plan. For more information, please visit NationalEczema.org.
NEA seeks a Program Communications Manager on a full time, contract basis to manage communications and marketing for NEA’s key programs and initiatives. This position is full time (40 hours per week) and reports to the Director of Communications & Marketing.
This position is currently remote. When Marin County COVID-19 safety protocols allow, this position will have the option to work from the Novato-based shared office.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Work with program staff to develop and execute communications plans for specific initiatives (such as Seal of Acceptance, Ambassador program, EczemaWise), including identifying voice and messaging, target audiences, tactics, assets and channels
- Manage project timelines and support budget development and management
- Function as primary liaison with program teams and align timing of new developments with broader communications plan
- Keep finger on the pulse of eczema and dermatology news and position NEA to engage in broader industry and stakeholder conversations
- Work with Senior Manager, Content & Editorial and Director of Communications & Marketing to develop content strategy and editorial calendar, generating story ideas and assets that engage the community to reach awareness and revenue goals
- Facilitate production of assets such as videos, webinars, podcasts, photos, etc., working with outside vendors as needed
- Work with Senior Manager, Marketing & Events to develop digital marketing tactics (emails, social, digital ads) that serve programmatic goals
- Develop content for program marketing such as website copy, emails, social posts, press releases, blog posts, one-pagers, etc.
- Pursue media relations strategy with targeted outlets and reporters to grow awareness of NEA initiatives and experts
- Track, measure and analyze all tactics, assessing the effectiveness and adjusting as needed
- Excellent writing/medical writing skills and ability to translate complicated ideas (like research and science) into compelling, accessible and shareable content for diverse audiences
- Great instinct for messages, tactics and tone that will resonate across audiences
- Immaculate proofreading and editing skills; strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and exercise good judgment
- Proven ability to work independently without close oversight, but also as a team player who productively engages with the internal NEA team, as well as external stakeholders, as needed
- Experience developing and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies that delineate clear goals and measurable results
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet firm deadlines
- Flexibility and sense of humor
- Familiarity with Salesforce (or other CRM), Pardot, WordPress, Google Analytics and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in communications, marketing, PR, journalism or biology) plus at least four years of marketing/communications and writing experience, especially in a nonprofit and/or medical field
- Experience in the dermatology/medical space and knowledge of eczema
- Passion for empowering patient and caregiver audience
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter. Please include in the cover letter an explanation of why you believe you are a fit for this position. Submissions without the requested information will not be considered.
Email: [email protected]
NEA is an equal opportunity employer.