The Autoimmune Association is the world’s leading 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to autoimmune advocacy, awareness, education, and research. For over 30 years, the Autoimmune Association has been a pioneer in serving autoimmune patients, sponsoring research, advocating for access to healthcare, and fostering collaboration to identify and explore the common threads that link autoimmune diseases.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
Implements strategic plans and oversees engagement objectives to develop and maintain productive relations with all levels of government authorities that support and enhance the Association’s policy goals. Builds relationships and liaises with government entities (federal, state, local) that regulate or influence policies impacting the autoimmune community. Performs ongoing monitoring and analysis of proposed legislation, emerging issues, and trends to determine the potential impact on the organization.
- Collaborates with CEO in planning and advancing the Association’s public policy agenda in state and federal arenas.
- Represents the Association in external coalitions, consortia, briefings, and other convenings.
- Leads the National Coalition of Autoimmune Patient Groups (NCAPG) and Let My Doctors Decide (LMDD) initiatives.
- Manages relationships with LMDD program funders and stakeholders in partnership with CEO.
- Manages relationships with public policy constituencies: patient groups, policymakers, advocates, and partners.
- Manages Policy Manager and liaises with policy-related
- Oversees grassroots mobilization and activation
- Creates quarterly program status reports to inform internal and external key stakeholders regarding priorities, progress, and
- Contributes to media and organizational communications in policy related
- Requires some travel and participation in off-site
- Advances the Autoimmune Association’s mission and
- Demonstrates a positive, collegial attitude and strong work
- Carries out other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in public policy, political science, or related field
- Minimum of five-year work experience in public policy and advocacy
- Proven success in leading and coordinating coalitions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Self-starter and goal oriented
- Understanding of and passion for diversity, equity, and inclusivity
- Familiarity with barriers to healthcare
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
The Autoimmune Association does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The Autoimmune Association is an equal opportunity employer.
The Autoimmune Association leads the fight against autoimmune disease by collaborating to improve healthcare, advance research, and support the community through every step of the journey.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected], with subject line Public Policy Director, before May 26, 2023 to be considered.