The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
The Senior Director of Patient Engagement is responsible for the development and implementation of programs and services to assist, empower, educate, and encourage people with chronic kidney disease (CKD), patients on dialysis, living donors and potential donors, and family members. Develops effective goals, strategies, and implementation plans to advance NKF’s mission to empower patients and their families by improving their knowledge, skills, ability, and willingness to manage their health and care. Work in coordination with government agencies, professional and consumer organizations, and other entities within the nephrology community to develop and implement practices and policies that will facilitate optimal care and treatment of CKD patients, transplant recipients, living donors, patients on dialysis and family members. Coordinate strategic patient engagement efforts both internally at NKF and with external partners. Elevate NKF’s patient engagement efforts to integrate the patient voice into all aspects and stages of care, policy, drug, and program development.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinates NKF’s patient engagement efforts throughout the organization as well as with external partners. Develop tools and resources needed for patients to empower patients and support them in actively engaging at every level of care, research, drug development, program and educational development, etc.
- This position supervises the Director of Patient and Family Communication and is ultimately responsible for the content and NKF Cares Patient Information Help Line. Supports the Director Patient and Family Communication with training and guidance to Patient Information Specialists. Conducts quality improvement meetings with them and works to make sure needs of program and constituents are being met.
- Serves as the oversight Clinician for the NKF Peers Program. Provides training and guidance to Peers staff. Conducts quality improvement meetings with them and works to make sure needs of program and constituents are being met.
- Develops and implements programs and services to assist, empower, educate, and encourage kidney disease patients, living donors and potential donors, such as print materials (newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, information packets), web-based resources, surveys, research projects and needs assessment activities, in collaboration with NKF’s education team.
- Conducts needs assessments, evaluates outcomes and provides recommendations for programs and resources for NKF constituent groups.
- Serves as an NKF spokesperson on patient engagement, patient programs, and kidney disease care and treatment, as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with external partners in the kidney community to accomplish goals and maximize services to constituents.
- Represents NKF and constituent needs with government agencies including CMS, ESRD Networks, Quality Improvement Organizations, and the Kidney Community Emergency Response Coalition.
- Develops and implements plans to promote NKF programs and resources to the kidney community.
- Stays abreast of current events, news stories, public policy, legislation, medical advances, publications, and conferences related to kidney disease, and dialysis treatment.
- Develops and implements research projects and grants, as needed.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university. Preferably an MPH or MSW.
- Minimum of 5 years job related experience working in a multi-faceted not-for-profit organization.
- Knowledge of the current health care environment, trends and challenges impacting both patients and health care professionals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving/decision making, consultation and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently as an on-site consultant and as a member of an integrated team.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office products and knowledge of social media.
- Must be flexible to work overtime when needed, and for occasional overnight business travel which may include weekends (estimate 5 trips annually).
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations:
Contact: NKFrec[email protected]