In conjunction with the President & CEO and the strategic direction of the Lupus Foundation of America (LFA), the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Fundraising and Development’s overall objective and responsibility is to provide strategic leadership and growth to the Foundation’s development ventures, which support the core objectives of the organization: lupus research, education and support programs, advocacy, public policy and disease awareness.
As the head of the Development & Fundraising team, the SVP will lead, manage, develop, and expand programs that build and strengthen links to potential and existing donors, volunteers, and constituents, and increase the LFA’s revenue. The SVP will ensure growth of both the fundraising and non-fundraising priorities of the LFA through increased corporate, individual, family foundation and high-level volunteer financial support and manage appropriate committees with volunteers to expand fundraising programs.
The SVP will stay on top of market trends and determine the ROI of current and future initiatives to ensure appropriate visibility for the LFA and its partners in advancing the mission of the organization including building a donor centric organizational culture through targeted and innovative fundraising ventures, analysis of demographic data and donor behaviors to anticipate audience response, and engagement of outside consultants and vendors to ensure marketability and positive results of a diversified revenue portfolio.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities of the SVP include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LFA’s key initiatives that drive the support of the mission. Works across the organization to ensure LFA’s mission is integrated throughout fundraising activities to ensure strong financial response.
- Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of the Understand and serve as a key leader in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of fundraising campaigns and programs in conjunction with management team peers and colleagues.
- Formulate, implement, and lead strategies and tactics for fundraising and development activities to sustain continued growth and welcome and engage new donors in all markets with an emphasis on both offline and online fundraising.
- Lead and execute programming and fundraising tied to major special events (e.g., Galas, Advocacy Summit) in researching and securing individual and corporate sponsors and committees.
- Develop a portfolio of individual major donor and Foundation prospects for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship in non-LFA regional territories; provide prospect management and support for regional directors building donor development-based portfolios of prospects and donors.
- Create and manage a development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, grassroots, etc.
- Maintain and share knowledge and understanding of the funding pipeline and its
- Monitor all donor information and report regularly on revenue including statistical analysis to board and senior leaders.
- Collaborate with the Finance team on revenue budgets and projections.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Manage and grow the planned giving program with emphasis on marketing for future deferred and testamentary gifts and accurate and timely bequest administration for anticipated disbursements.
- Manage LFA’s Household Goods Program working in collaboration with the Finance and Marketing Departments.
- Oversee the National Director, Direct Response in executing campaigns and programs to grow small- and mid-level donors, through Direct Marketing, Online Fundraising Campaigns and General Fundraising, Workplace Giving, Sustaining Donor Campaigns, and other efforts to ensure revenue targets are achieved.
- Oversee National Director, Corporate Engagement in pursuing a full-spectrum agenda of corporate revenue and relationship building from vested and non-vested companies, including revenue aligned with LFA’s research, education, and advocacy programs.
- Oversee Director of Data, Analytics & Operations in ensuring that all LFA fundraising systems and procedures run in a smooth, donor-centric manner, including a top-notch donor relations and customer service approach, accurate donation processing and analytics, and high standards for data hygiene.
- Work with each Development staff members to manage income and expenses associated with campaign initiatives and programs and to develop comprehensive financial records.
- Employ best practices in campaign development and leverage Board and staff spheres of influence in the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of all relationship sectors.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications team to develop online fundraising campaigns that take into account best digital and fundraising practices to meet Foundation goals.
- Oversees Development and Fundraising department and staff.
- Perform other development-related duties as assigned by the President & CEO.
- An experienced fund-raising professional with a minimum 10 years of experience in successfully implementing fundraising campaigns and volunteer engagement with a proven track record of exceeding fundraising goals.
- Proven track record of implementation of new fundraising campaigns
- Identify, solicit, cultivate, and grow prospective donor portfolio
- Experience working with very high-level principals and volunteers.
- Ability to establish strong, collaborative relationships and the adaptability to work with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt interpersonal and communication style to interact effectively with a wide variety of
- Proven ability to work well in a fast paced and team-based environment.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently and under pressure while managing multiple priorities, projects and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high-level attention to detail
- High functioning with computer software and applications with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, the Google suite of products and fundraising legacy database software, specifically the Blackbaud suite of products.
- Able to make, follow through and document accountability for short- and long-term plans.
- Able to work effectively with colleagues throughout the organization as well as external customers and vendors.
- Available for weekend and evening work, as needed.
- Ability to lift 35+
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree