Principal Duties And Responsibilities
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all Alliance employees are expected to fulfill the following:
- Have a general understanding of colorectal cancer prevention and treatment; be an advocate for the Colorectal Cancer Alliance and its mission.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct
- Interact professionally with other employees, constituents, and
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead overall mission delivery including the Screen, Care, and Cure teams, providing mentorship and guidance to the Director and Senior Directors to foster effective collaboration across pillars and create developmental plans for their professional growth.
- Coach leaders, provide feedback, and ensure accountability for organizational and pillar performance and results.
- Encourage a culture of continuous learning and innovation among the leaders and the team, being an example of creating an environment of inclusion.
Programmatic Creation, Implementation and Oversight:
- Oversee all programmatic initiatives, projects, and pilots for mission delivery for the organization including Screen, Care, and Cure, continuously assessing and evaluating the success and ROI of each while successfully articulating the value proposition of each to funders, constituents, and multidisciplinary leaders in the
- Continue to build, implement, and iterate on a successful and efficient approach to screening, patient/caregiver services, and research, with a targeted focus on the most marginalized audiences (as identified).
- Build the Cycles of Impact project, delivering on success in existing cities and growing the project to include a defined number of new cities.Oversee the research outputs of the organization, including research granting processes, as well as communications about the impact of the research.
- Utilize the organization’s research portfolio and health education campaigns to accelerate research findings and bring the latest scientific advancements to the CRC community as swiftly and simply as possible.
- Develop and execute a vision for the Alliance as a leader in the research ecosystem with a strong value proposition of patient data as a critical piece of the
- Support connectional intelligence of the organization, working closely with the other pillars and the Executive Team.
- Represent the Alliance with partners, donors, sponsors, and industry leaders to raise the profile of the Alliance and general awareness of colorectal cancer.
Team Collaboration and Reporting:
- Serve as a member of the Alliance’s Executive Team, actively participating in the development and implementation of the organization’s overall strategic framework and growth plans.
- Build effective relationships with cross-departmental Executives and Leaders to position the Alliance as a valuable partner for thought leadership, expert in the Pillars of Screen, Care, and Cure, and in achieving all organizational goals.
- Define and achieve appropriate measures of success for mission delivery for the organization including developing KPIs to capture and report relevant metrics to
- Create and monitor the yearly programmatic budgets, ensuring success in delivering on current and future financial budgets and goals.
- Create partnership with Development Team leaders (CDO and Senior Directors) to support revenue generation for mission work and key sellable programs.
Measures of success:
While measures of success will be determined by your direct supervisor and can change based on the needs of the Alliance, initial measures of success for this position include:
- Increasing the number of individuals served with a focus on both quality and quantity of outputs in how many people are screened, provided services under navigation, participation, and activity in BlueHQ, and research dollars and activity
- Continuous recruitment, development, and engagement leading to increased success of BlueHQ.
- Strong interoperability and seamless user experience across services, programs, and projects – both for the organization and for the user.
- Growth of the Cycles of Impact and Community Engagement model regionally at the Alliance aimed at achieving programmatic objectives.
- Measurable research outputs, both from Alliance grantees and Alliance research
- Development of an organizational system for and national network of dissemination partners, with focus on Black communities.
- Satisfaction and growth among the Screen, Care and Cure Teams, identifying the most critical and defining the prioritization of the highest impact to the CRC community, supported by data and results.
- Mission leadership on the execution of new programs across the organization including Development, Mission Delivery, and Operations.
- Establishment of collaborative relationships with cross-departmental leadership to foster a cooperative approach in achieving organizational goals.
- Evaluation and improvement of data governance, focusing on data accuracy, consistency, security, scalability, and growth.
- Active participation and leadership in the Alliance’s Board of Directors Task Forces that include all mission delivery expectations.