December 20, 2019
Open Enrollment is the period when individuals who do not have employer-sponsored insurance can purchase a new individual or family health insurance plan or make changes to their current coverage via the health insurance marketplace at Healthcare.gov.
This year, Open Enrollment will run from Friday, November 1 through Sunday, December 15, 2019. For more details on Open Enrollment, check out the Putting Patients First blog.
The National Health Council created a short video series to help users navigate the health insurance marketplace. Watch the videos, which tell the story of the Joneses, below.
More Open Enrollment resources:
- Visit Healthcare.gov to learn more about coverage options & purchase a plan that is right for each individual’s circumstances;
- Read our blog, Confused about Open Enrollment? Here’s a Glossary to Help!, to learn about key terms that help navigate the health insurance marketplace;
- Find out when Open Enrollment runs in each state, here;
- Read Three Big Mistakes to Avoid during Enrollment;
- Schedule a call with a local health insurance navigator to ensure that the plan chosen is the right one;
- Learn more from Business Insider’s Guide to Open Enrollment