NHC Health Equity Report Outlines Key Policy Proposals
By: Jennifer Dexter, Director, Policy
On February 1, the National Health Council (NHC) was joined by distinguished experts for the release of a new report: Access, Affordability and Quality: A Patient-Focused Blueprint for Real Health Equity. The report is the culmination of a year of multi-stakeholder discussions of multiple health equity issues, which resulted in a number of policy recommendations. Speakers included:
- LaVarne Burton, President & CEO, American Kidney Fund & NHC Board Chair
- Representative Robin L. Kelly (IL-02)
- Randall Rutta, CEO, National Health Council
- Gary Puckrein, PhD, President & CEO, National Minority Quality Forum
- Eric Gascho, VP, Policy & Government Affairs, National Health Council
You can access both the report and a recording of the event here.
The development of this report began in December 2020, when the NHC and National Minority Quality Forum (NMQF) released a Health Equity Consensus Statement with Chief Executives of 58 NHC voluntary health agency members, also known as patient advocacy organizations. The Consensus Statement was derived from our Call to Action and serves as a public commitment to reduce inequities within the health care system.
Please contact Jennifer Dexter, NHC’s Director of Policy, at [email protected] with any questions.