Sources of RWD: An Introduction to “Big Data”
- Event Date: Nov. 06, 2020
- Event Time: 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. ET
- Event Location: Virtual, Zoom
Moderator: Elisabeth Oehrlein, PhD, MS, Senior Director, Research & Programs, National Health Council
- Susan dosReis, BSPharm, PhD, Professor and Vice Chair of Research, University of Maryland Baltimore School of Pharmacy
- Sally Okun, BSN, RN, MMHS, Independent Consultant, formerly Vice President of Policy & Ethics of PatientsLikeMe
What: This webinar will introduce big data, an umbrella term used to describe some types of real-world data. Big data can come from health care visits, including information from electronic health records and insurance claims, and it also can come from “non-traditional” sources such as social media and wearable devices. Speakers will provide an overview of big data and describe how big data is used for research.
Who: This webinar is intended for patients, patient group staff, and others interested in learning about RWD and RWE. Learn more about the larger training series here.