Sources of RWD: An Introduction to “Big Data”
- Event Date: Nov. 06, 2020
- Event Time: 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. ET
- Event Location: Virtual, Zoom
Moderator: Elisabeth Oehrlein, PhD, MS, Senior Director, Research & Programs, National Health Council
- Susan dosReis, BSPharm, PhD, Professor and Vice Chair of Research, University of Maryland Baltimore School of Pharmacy
- Sally Okun, BSN, RN, MMHS, Independent Consultant, formerly Vice President of Policy & Ethics of PatientsLikeMe
What: This webinar will introduce big data, an umbrella term used to describe some types of real-world data. Big data can come from health care visits, including information from electronic health records and insurance claims, and it also can come from “non-traditional” sources such as social media and wearable devices. Speakers will provide an overview of big data and describe how big data is used for research.
Who: This webinar is intended for patients, patient group staff, and others interested in learning about RWD and RWE. Learn more about the larger training series here.
This training is funded through a Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute® (PCORI®) Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award (16203-NHC).
A special thank you to the NHC’s RWE sponsors Amgen and Eli Lilly and Co. and PCORI RWE Advisory Board members.