Going Back to School with the NHC’s New Educational Series: Increasing Patient-Community Capacity to Engage on Quality of Health Care
Today, the NHC debuted its first online educational series, Increasing Patient-Community Capacity to Engage on Quality of Health Care. The series, comprised of six modules, focuses on why quality is important in the current health care environment and how patients and patient organizations can become strong advocates for quality. Module topics include:
- The Changing Health Care Environment and the Important Role of Quality
- Why Quality Matters for Patients
- Everything You Wanted to Know But Were Too Afraid to Ask
- Where Do Quality Measures Come From?
- The Role of Quality in Value-Based Payment
- Turning What We’ve Learned into Practice
The content of this series was funded through a PCORI Eugene Washington Engagement Award (3314-NHC). The NHC Quality Patient Advisory Committee (QPAC) was key in helping develop the content in a way that addresses the most important elements of health care quality from the patient perspective.
The educational series is available for free for all patients, patient groups and other interested stakeholders. It can be found here. Look for additional educational series later this fall.