FDA Commissioner to Keynote Upcoming Science of Patient Engagement Symposium
By: Silke Schoch, Senior Manager, Research & Programs, and Lillian Witting, MPH
Coordinator, Research, Education, and Programs
The National Health Council (NHC) is pleased to announce that the keynote speaker for the 2023 Science of Patient Engagement Symposium Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, Dr. Robert M. Califf. This year’s Symposium theme is Patient Empowerment in the Digital Health Era, and will focus on digital technologies, the science of patient engagement, and health equity.
Dr. Califf has had a long and distinguished career as a physician, researcher, and leader in the fields of science and medicine. He is a nationally recognized expert in cardiovascular medicine, health outcomes research, health care quality, and clinical research, and a leader in the growing field of translational research, which is key to ensuring that advances in science translate into medical care.
If you and your staff haven’t done so already, register now for the NHC’s 2023 Science of Patient Engagement Symposium on May 8, 2023, from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET. This is the first in-person Symposium since 2019 and will take place at the historic National Press Club in Washington, DC. NHC member nonprofit staff can generally send up to 3 representatives from their organization for this meeting.
Other exciting speakers at the Symposium include:
- Nicol Turner Lee, PhD, Director for the Center of Technology Innovation, Brookings Institution
- Megan Jones Bell, PsyD, Clinical Director of Consumer and Mental Health, Google Health
- Brian Anderson, MD, Chief Digital Health Physician, MITRE
- Jennifer Hall, PhD, Chief, Data Science, American Heart Association
- Kathryn Capanna, Deputy Division Director, Division of All Hazards Response, Science and Strategic Partnerships, Food & Drug Administration
- Cherise Shockley, Patient Advocate
- Michael Crawford, MHL, MBA, Associate Dean for Strategy, Outreach, & Innovation, Howard University College of Medicine
- Tanisha Armstrong, Patient Advocate
You can find detailed agenda and registration information here. Registration will close Thursday, May 4.