Spotlight on Final Week of Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month 2021 Key Event
Understanding the Latest Asthma Management Guidelines AAFA Webinar
by Kafi Drexel Brown, Public Relations Director, Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) designates May as National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month. This year, AAFA and its community have been engaged in 31 DAYS OF ACTION to help draw more attention to the needs of more than 65 million Americans affected by asthma and allergies. This includes a full-court press on the importance of education, research, programming, and advocacy.
Here are some ways AAFA is still encouraging people to get involved during the last days of awareness month, including a marquis “Managing Asthma in 2021” webinar event set for Tuesday, May 25. This webinar will break down the latest asthma management guidelines with information on asthma medications, allergy shots, and indoor allergen reduction.
RSVP now to join AAFA’s webinar on Tuesday, May 25, 2021, at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT).
Following is a complete list of AAFA’s final week of Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month 2021 events:
- May 24: Sign up to take one of AAFA’s online classes. If you are a health care professional, we have continuing education options for nurses and respiratory therapists.
- May 25: Register and attend our webinar, Managing Asthma in 2021, on the new asthma treatment guidelines.
- May 26: Check out AAFA’s Ask the Allergist service. You can browse existing questions (coming soon!) and answers or submit your questions for our experts to answer.
- May 27: Join AAFA’s support community and choose if you want to get involved in advocacy, research, or become a patient spokesperson.
- May 28: Remembrance Day to honor the memories of people lost to asthma or allergy. Instead of releasing balloons, we will be blowing bubbles.
- May 29: Plant a tree. Visit your local nursery to find a native tree to plant at home, school, or workplace. Look for local tree planting events in your area if you don’t have a place to plant one.
- May 30: Use our Healthy Home checklist to tackle one of your living spaces. Remember to wear a mask, gloves, and goggles if needed to protect yourself from allergens and irritants while cleaning.
- May 31: Make a plan to get your COVID-19 vaccine if you haven’t already. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines, who should get vaccinated, and who should talk with their doctor first.
Stay engaged in raising asthma and allergy awareness throughout the end of this month and beyond by going to aafa.org/join.
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America is a National Health Council member.