What Are Patient-Centered Outcomes and Why Aren’t All Health Outcomes Considered “Patient Centered”?
- Event Date: Aug. 11, 2021
- Event Time: 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. ET
- Event Location:
- Eleanor Perfetto, PhD, MS, Executive Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, National Health Council
- Elisabeth Oehrlein, PhD, MS, Assistant Vice President, Research and Programs, National Health Council
Over the past two decades, stakeholders have collaborated to develop best practices for identifying concepts important to patients and developing corresponding patient-centered outcome measures. As the broader research community embraces the notion of patient-centered outcomes, it’s import for there to be a common understanding about what patient-centered outcomes are and how they are derived.
In this webinar, the speakers will describe:
- Historical context regarding the necessity of patient involvement in outcome-measure selection and development;
- How continued use of legacy measures that may not be patient centered can be a barrier to patient-centered decision-making; and
- Provide resources for stakeholders to evaluate the pedigree of outcome measures with a focus on patient centricity.