The EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases (EveryLife) is seeking an Alliance Development Manager to join its team in Washington, D.C.
The EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases is a science based nonprofit, nonpartisan advocacy organization dedicated to bringing treatments to the 30 million Americans with rare diseases. Currently, there are fewer than 400 approved treatments for 7000 rare diseases. The science exists for many of these diseases to be treated; however, treatments may never be developed because of roadblocks in the development process, such as a lack of investment and a challenging regulatory environment. The Foundation works with patient organizations, industry, academic scientists, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and National Institutes of Health (NIH) to improve the clinical development process.
The Alliance Development Manager supports the annual resource development plan from sponsorships, individual contributions, program partnerships and grants. This position reports to the Senior Director of Development, with additional oversight by the Associate Director of Alliance Development.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Work as part of the Development team to execute EveryLife’s annual fundraising plan;
- Provide support in obtaining financial support from individuals, foundations, corporations and other community stakeholders;
- Support and execute strategy for growing a sustained base of annual individual donors;
- Track proposals and reports for all Foundation and corporate fundraising;
- Draft grant applications as outlined in the funding development plan to generate funds for the organization;
- Prepare acknowledgment letters when financial support is received;
- Assist in invoicing and managing the alliance development budget;
- Assist in writing and submitting grant proposals and reconciliations;
- Assist with the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts;
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization;
- Manage Salesforce to update and maintain applicable contacts, with a high degree of accuracy and completeness;
- Participate in Foundation events; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years’ experience in alliance development or strategic partnership planning;
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to draft, copy edit, and speak publicly.
This is a full-time, direct-hire position. Compensation for this position is commensurate on experience and includes a competitive benefits package. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and may require occasional travel, weekend and evening work.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a current resume, cover letter and three references to Megan Pinegar at [email protected].
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED