Created by and for patient organizations 100 years ago, the National Health Council (NHC) brings diverse organizations together to forge consensus and drive patient-centered health policy. We promote increased access to affordable, high-value, sustainable health care. Made up of more than 140 national health- related organizations and businesses, the NHC’s core membership includes the nation’s leading patient organizations. Other members include health-related associations and nonprofit organizations including the provider, research, and family caregiver communities; and businesses representing biopharmaceutical, device, diagnostic, generic drug, and payer organizations.
The NHC has an opening for a part-time communications intern starting Summer 2020. Interns will work on communications activities such as website copy writing and editing, social media content, newsletter writing and editing, and other activities to support the NHC’s health policy, advocacy, and legislative initiatives.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
The communications intern provides support on NHC marketing & communications initiatives by conducting research and assisting in preparing background documents, drafting copy, and other marketing communications activities. The intern will assist in tracking results.
The interns will report to a staff person who will oversee the intern’s activities. Intern must be available for a minimum of 16 in-office hours per week with a flexible work schedule to accommodate classes.
- Excellent standing as a student or recent college graduate concentrating in communications, public relations, marketing, social/digital media, journalism, or related field.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel expertise; familiarity with WordPress a plus.
- Past experience in health care positions/internships is a plus but not required
Applicants should submit the following items to [email protected].
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s interests in patient advocacy, health policy communications, and the National Health Council
- Writing sample (published or unpublished)
Internships for course credit will be considered on a case-by-case basis.