Working in collaboration with the Associate Executive Director, the Community Outreach Assistant is responsible for providing logistic, fundraising and administrative support on the following events and programs but not limited to: Kidney Walks, Gala, KEEP Healthy, community outreach programs, Your Kidneys & You, Your Kidneys & Youth and any other conferences or events in the market. This position works in the Northern Delaware portion of the market.
This relationship should be characterized by effective communications, a positive attitude toward the growth of the Foundation and the achievement of its mission, through mutual understanding of the goals and development objectives of the National Organization.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with the Associate Executive Director on program events and activities in the Northern Delaware region of the market and/or other areas of the market as assigned.
- Assist with all aspects of planning and executing signature events and local programs.
- Secure in-kind donations.
- Identify, cultivate and secure sponsorships for events and programs assigned.
- Ensure that all event and/or program logistics are planned and implemented.
- Work in collaboration with the Associate Executive Director to recruit, train and manage event and/or program volunteer committees.
- Work closely with the Creative Services department in creating local marketing materials.
- Submit updates for the website to reflect all current activities, events and information.
- Administer the KEEP Healthy, Your Kidneys & You and Your Kidneys & Youth volunteer training.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers. Coordinate volunteer schedules.
- Attend committee meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Perform additional duties and special projects, as required.
- Track revenue and expenses for programs and/or events assigned. Assist with budgeting and the projection of monthly financial statements and run reports as needed.
- Maintain offices supplies, office equipment and inventory of brochures and event supplies.
- Provide information to patients, donors and general public.
- Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends as scheduled.
- College degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- 1-2 years administrative experience desirable.
- Previous internship or work experience in nonprofit, fundraising or in special events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Publisher.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English a plus.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations:
Contact: [email protected]