The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Executive Director provides professional leadership and staff management to the chapter. Professional leadership includes partnering with leadership volunteers to harness their passion and skills and to help maximize what they have to offer to advance the mission of the Foundation. The ED is responsible for individual and foundation gifts as well as event fundraising and other revenue and will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the community. The Executive Director travels throughout the market area to meet with constituents and serve as a key leader for the Foundation with volunteers and supporters.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
• Build a compelling vision for the chapter and collaborate with volunteer leaders and staff to achieve it.
• Work with leadership volunteers to identify, recruit and engage volunteers who have potential to make an impact.
• Build strong and effective partnerships with volunteers and supporters (and help foster a culture of accountability).
• Advise and support chapter volunteer committees to drive success in campaigns and grow support for our mission.
• Serve as a key leader in your market area building relationships, raising awareness, and sharing mission impact with constituents.
• Collaboration, cultivation, identification and recruitment of revenue partners in order to maximize impact on special events and other fundraising campaigns.
• Execute fundraising techniques to meet revenue targets through special events, individual and foundation gifts and other chapter activities.
• Responsible for identifying local major gift prospects and for collaborating with national major gift team.
• In cooperation with the Take Steps staff, help to identify volunteer walk leadership and corporate sponsorship.
• Implement the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation participation and donations.
• Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities.
• Coordinate marketing and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities.
• Partner with media outlets and cultivate relationships to maximize awareness of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation brand.
• Participate in enterprise wide activities such as GI visits, donor events, major education events, Team Challenge information meetings, Take Steps Walk and any other chapter wide activities.
• Offer advice and assistance to chapter staff and encourage camaraderie in the work environment.
• Provide leadership to chapter staff by facilitating communication across functional areas.
• Maintain communication with regional and national directors.
• Direct administration of chapter financials, budget and operational plans.
• Drive a financial ratio margins to meet overall chapter performance guidelines.
• Other duties as required.
click here to apply.