The Lupus Foundation of America is currently seeking a Grants and Research Manager to join our dynamic team of professionals in the heart of the national’s capital. The Lupus Foundation of America, Inc. is the only national force devoted to solving the mystery of lupus – one of the world’s cruelest, most unpredictable, and devastating diseases – while giving caring support to those who suffer from its brutal impact.
The Grants and Research Manager, under the supervision of the Director of Research, is responsible for managing and administering all aspects of the LFA’s grant program, professional awards, research partnerships, and supporting activities related to the LFA’s national research program.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinate all annual peer-reviewed grant program activities which includes drafting RFAs, managing all aspects of information distribution and program awareness to review, from LOI submission through awarding process and progress The Manager will need to be proficient in the Foundation’s peer-reviewed grants management software, Fluxx.
- Manage all activities related to the Foundation’s direct awarded grants, which includes, evaluating the needs and gaps in research for the field of lupus, reviewing direct award research requests, and awarding, evaluation, and tracking of received
- Serve as one of the key staff liaisons for the Medical Scientific Advisory Council (MSAC); maintaining ongoing communications, facilitating staff requests and planning for MSAC
- Manage the Foundation’s scientific journal, Lupus Science and Medicine. Responsibilities include oversight of the journals’ publishing organization, BMJ, Editor-in- Chief, Associate Editors, and Editorial Board, managing the journal’s podcast series, coordinating marketing and promotion efforts, and facilitating an annual Editorial Board
- Oversee the Foundation’s News bureau, Inside Lupus Research, which includes monitoring lupus news sources and various scientific journals to strategically deceiver which research publications to share with the Foundation’s constituents, editing and creating lay man’s content to help disseminate the posts, and managing promotions of Foundation led and funded research.
- The Manager is responsible for planning and hosting an annual Research Awards ceremony with hundreds of partners, stakeholders, donors, and This large-scale event includes managing the nomination and award process of the Annual Awards, planning the details of the venue and event, and managing the guest list and event program.
- The Manager is responsible for cultivating and maintaining strategic partnerships with external This includes collaborating on various research initiatives, supporting specific research studies, and other multi-approach efforts.
- Manage the impact evaluation of our research program and work in partnership with other departments to promote the findings of our research program to the public.
- Review and stay current with advances in lupus research and lupus related research news
- Translating science writing into basic language to be used for promotional or educational
- Work with other departments to draft supporting materials and research related marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in a science/public health discipline
- At least 2 years of related work experience demonstrating a thorough understanding of program/project management techniques and methods, the ability to manage and coordinate multiple concurrent deadlines and strong science writing skills.
- Prior experience in research /grants administration and management is
- Independent judgment and a high level of professionalism, accuracy, sensitivity, discretion, and
- Excellent written and verbal communications, technical computer applications and administrative
- Ability to work well and be productive working independently and as part of a
The Lupus Foundation of America, Inc., offers a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and life insurance coverage. Flexible Spending Account options, a 403(b) plan and employer contribution, paid vacation, and more!
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates should apply via our recruitment page