This role is responsible for the implementation of the Autoimmune Association’s policy priorities. The Policy Manager will work to track legislation at the state and federal level of priority and develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. This position will also be responsible for the development of regular communication on behalf of the Autoimmune Association relating to policy matters and will coordinate sign-on letters and participate in drafting of policy letters of importance. Skills in advocacy, collaboration, writing communications, and oral communication are essential for this role.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Track federal and state legislation and regulatory issues relating to Autoimmune Association’s policy priorities
- Works closely with the National Coalition of Autoimmune Patient Groups to implement policy priorities
- Acts as liaison with Let My Doctors Decide campaign to track patient and provider stories
- Participate in meetings with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and track research initiatives impacting autoimmunity
- Collaborates with the Autoimmune Association team to contribute to digital and print publications regarding policy updates to stakeholders
- Participate in relevant coalitions, task forces, work groups, and other key groups representing policy issues of importance
- Manage relationships with strategic advocacy partners to identify shared policy priorities and opportunities for collaboration
- Work with key staff members of Autoimmune Association and its Scientific Advisory Board to help further our strategic policy priorities in research
- Advance the Association’s mission and values
- Demonstrate a positive, collegial attitude and strong work ethic
- Carry out other duties, as assigned
- Minimum five years experience in policy, preferably on issues related to patient health careaccess, chronic conditions, and disability
- Expertise in identifying policies relevant to patient access to health care
- Experience in working with groups and collaboration on projects relating to advocacy
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to manage complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and distill key policy issues
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and as part of a team
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected], with the subject line Policy Manager, no later than Wednesday, December 1, 2021.
About the Autoimmune Association
The Autoimmune Association is the world’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to autoimmune advocacy, awareness, education, and research. Its mission is to lead the fight against autoimmune disease by collaborating to improve healthcare, advance research, and support the community through every step of the journey.
For more information, visit www.autoimmune.org.
Follow on social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.