Created by and for patient organizations more than 100 years ago, the National Health Council (NHC) brings diverse organizations together to forge consensus and drive patient-centered health policy. We promote increased access to affordable, high-value, sustainable health care. Made up of more than 145 national health-related organizations and businesses, the NHC’s core membership includes the nation’s leading patient organizations. Other members include health-related associations and nonprofit organizations including the provider, research, and family caregiver communities; and businesses representing biopharmaceutical, device, diagnostic, generic drug, and payer organizations.
The Senior Coordinator, Marketing Communications provides writing and editing support for all National Health Council communications and marketing activities.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead author of multiple NHC electronic newsletters, including layout, design, writing, and editing.
- Write and edit content for NHC communications vehicles including meeting marketing, materials, and reports; website and blog; membership and development collateral; programmatic white papers and reports; media relations content such as op-eds and letters to the editor; and other communications and marketing materials as needed.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator, Digital Media on social media and other web-based content development. Maintain monthly blog editorial calendar.
- Staff lead on email marketing software program, serving as editor for all bulk email communications. Maintain weekly schedule of all NHC email communications.
- Assist VP, Marketing Communications with execution of NHC Brand Ambassador program.
- Assist VP, Marketing Communications in the development of materials for NHC member marketing and communications meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with all NHC staff and interacts with members at all levels.
- Suburb writing and editing skills with a keen attention to detail. Must know AP and Chicago style and have strong business writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Expert use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PPT, specifically) and SharePoint is a must; previous experience with Microsoft CRM and Click Dimensions preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively and independently but also work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work well under pressure.
- Work experience in an office environment is essential, work in a nonprofit organization a plus.
- At least four years of experience in writing and editing, preferably translating complex information for a lay audience.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field required.
Applicants should submit the following items to [email protected]
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s background in communications
- At least three writing samples or portfolio link
- List of three references, with name, title, organization, email address and telephone number
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to take a writing and editing test at the NHC office.
The NHC offers a competitive benefits package, including health, vision, and dental benefits with premiums fully paid by the organization.
The mission of the National Health Council is to provide a united voice for people with chronic diseases and disabilities.
Integrity – Patient Focused – Forward Thinking Collaboration – Transparency – Diversity & Inclusion