The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
The Senior Director, Development is accountable for planning and implementing fundraising strategies and tactics to achieve income necessary to attain market and regional goals. Primary duties will include managing cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for a portfolio of both existing and new corporate partners, individual donors, corporate & government grants, and special events. This individual will be responsible for growing engagement and revenue across each fundraising channel, while leading the development team to their budgetary goal. The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Leading the development team, driving a donor centric culture, building relationships and implementing best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
- Develop and execute the regions operational plan that includes budget, financial analysis, team development, corporate development, volunteer development and logistics.
- Execute fundraising strategies to raise budgeted goal from corporations, individuals, and foundations.
- Partner with Executive Director and Regional Vice President growing relationships for major gifts and board / volunteer recruitment.
- Accountable to develop and steward a portfolio of donors to secure sponsorship, individual and corporate donations, event sponsors / teams, grants, and other partnerships.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or equivalent customer database software (e.g., data input, record updating, gift processing, report production).
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards sponsors, supporters and event participants ensuring a high-touch stewardship plan for donors and partners.
- Manages and executes special events including Kidney Walks, and NKF Author’s Luncheon.
- Assists with sponsor solicitation for program activities.
- Maintains relationships with medical and corporate donors and partners.
- Identifies committee members, leads the effort to build stronger committees and identifies and builds volunteer and donor support networks.
- Identifies new sources of revenue and cause related marketing opportunities.
- Implements marketing and communication plans to enhance visibility and increase community awareness and participation.
- Participates in board and staff meetings as needed.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum five years related experience in fundraising, event management, and volunteer management; preferably with a non-profit health agency.
- Experienced in sponsorship solicitation, major and annual giving.
- Experience working with board members.
- Experience working with a national walkathon preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work independently and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional level of customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Word applications and donor management systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer and database proficiency required.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations:
Contact: [email protected]