AMCP is the professional association leading the way to help patients get the medications they need at a cost they can afford. AMCP’s diverse membership of pharmacists, physicians, nurses, and professionals in life sciences and biopharmaceutical companies leverage their specialized expertise in clinical evidence and economics to optimize medication benefit design and population health management and help patients access cost-effective and safe medications and other drug therapies. AMCP members improve the lives of nearly 300 million Americans served by private and public health plans, pharmacy benefit management firms, and emerging care models.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Marketing, the Specialist, Content Marketing provides marketing and editorial solutions at a campaign and project level for AMCP and its business units directed to members, non-members, donors and advocates to increase engagement and meet marketing objectives. This role is an ideator and copywriter with the ability to synthesize concepts into actionable creative briefs, scripts, storyboards, and branded story content that aligns with the marketing annual plan and AMCP key strategic priorities. Drives the managed care industry voice, awareness, affinity, and growth through the strategic use of content. Collects and leverages online behavior data and web analytics to measure communications and marketing performance and optimize content to meet consumer needs. This role requires collaboration across the organization and with external marketing and design consultants. The Specialist, Marketing Content should be prepared to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment and reflect AMCP core values. This is a hybrid position based out of the Alexandria, VA office.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Plan, write and proof high-quality marketing materials that advance organizational value and foster positive long-term engagement with current and prospective members and new audiences, including but not limited to newsletters, e-mails, web content, marketing automation, print collateral, blogs, press releases, reports, advertising campaigns, social media content and moderation, presentation decks, talking points, short form video and more.
- Contribute ideas to the quarterly and annual content marketing calendar and identify possible alignment to elevate messaging and foster social engagement.
- Lead the timely development of marketing content projects from conception to review and deployment.
- Apply SEO best practices to increase traffic and improve organic visibility across content initiatives.
- Proof deliverables to ensure final customer-facing content adheres to marketing objectives and delivers a consistent message across all content and meets AMCP brand standards.
- Continually build understanding and knowledge of organization’s business and the managed care industry and apply this information to craft compelling, digestible content.
- Collaborate with graphic designers, photographers, marketing consultants and other team members to make content visually compelling.
- Prepare reports and analysis on marketing content with recommendations for new opportunities, based on behavior data, community engagement and message testing.
- Assist with standardizing, centralizing, and maintaining marketing content assets and templates to maximize the value and reach of assets across all AMCP departments, consultants, and affiliates.
- Assist in the organization of databases, email segments and leads based on marketing plan.
- Attend association events, as needed, to support capture content for marketing efforts, such as live posting, photography, videos, and interviews for social media platforms.
- Participate in networking opportunities to enhance professional development, thought leadership and association visibility.
- All other duties as assigned or required.
What You Are About:
Your excitement and drive to serve AMCP members and improve the lives of patients across the country is your motivation.
You aspire to make a difference and possess the following skills and competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Integrated Marketing Communications, or a related field required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience preferred in a professional association, public relations agency, or similar position. Health care and pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of general marketing concepts and terminology, strong business acumen.
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and storytelling skills; basic understanding of AP Style.
- Self-starter who is a team player, organized and motivated.
- Superb organizational skills, deadline- and schedule-oriented, and thrives in agile environments with multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with AMCP business units, members, consultants, managed care professionals and other AMCP stakeholders.
- Familiarity with digital marketing platforms and CMS’s; Drupal, Hubspot, Salesforce and WordPress a plus.
- Working knowledge of web and marketing analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Sprout Social to garner content insights, behavior trends and content affinities.
- Basic knowledge of graphic and video editing software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier) and Microsoft Office products (PPT, Excel, Word).
- Commitment to advancing the organization’s desired culture, which focuses on collaboration, high performance, accountability, respect, and trust (CHART).
What You Will Get Out of It:
- Work with a staff that has a passion for our mission, believes in each other, and has some fun along the way
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including:
- 25 PTO days in your first year
- 8 paid holidays plus a winter break December 25 – 31
- Retirement employer match of 5% plus a Non-Elective Contribution (NEC) which is funded and determined annually by AMCP. NEC’s have ranged 3-4% over the last 3 years
- 6 weeks of annual paid parental leave. Eligibility begins after 6 months of service
- Hybrid work environment offering flexible work arrangements
- Competitive medical, dental, vision plan offerings including a $1,000 employer contribution to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and a $2,000 contribution with any dependents on the plan
- Group term and supplemental life insurances with AD&D plus employer-paid short- & long-term disability
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Employment referral bonus of $1,500
- Employer-paid employee assistance program
- Employer-paid professional development
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250
- Employer-paid parking and pre-tax transportation benefit
If you believe you’re a great fit for this role, follow the link below and apply on AMCP’s Career Page today!
AMCP Career Center
It is the policy of AMCP to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AMCP will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.