Multi-Stakeholder Dialogue on Achieving Patient-Centered Core Impact Sets (PC-CIS)
- Event Date: Aug. 17, 2022
- Event Time: 10:00 a.m. ET - 3:00 p.m. ET
- Event Location:
The National Health Council (NHC) and its partners have undertaken a process to create a Blueprint for developing patient-centered core impact sets, or PC-CIS, to address inconsistencies between what is important to patients to the information typically collected in research and care. A PC-CIS is a patient-derived and -prioritized list of impacts a disease and/or its treatments have on a patient and his/her life as well as that of their family and caregivers.
The Dialogue meeting was intended to:
- Support socializing the PC-CIS concept;
- Disseminate the PC-CIS Blueprint; and
- Capture from prospective PC-CIS Blueprint users, the strengths, and challenges they anticipate for Blueprint operationalization, and future PC-CIS development and use.
This Dialogue is funded through a Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute® (PCORI®) Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award (EASCS-24850).